Anadrol, also known as oxymetholone, is a synthetic anabolic steroid that was first developed in the 1960s by Syntex Pharmaceuticals. It was initially marketed as a treatment for anemia and muscle wasting conditions, but it quickly gained popularity among bodybuilders and athletes for its muscle-building and strength-enhancing effects.
Anadrol is classified as a C-17 alpha-alkylated steroid, which means that it has been modified at the 17th carbon position to allow for oral ingestion and to increase its stability and bioavailability. This modification also makes Anadrol more liver toxic than other steroids, which is why it is important to use it responsibly and to follow recommended dosages and treatment periods.
Anadrol is known for its rapid and dramatic muscle-building effects, which are attributed to its ability to increase protein synthesis, nitrogen retention, and red blood cell production. It can also increase appetite and nutrient uptake, which can be helpful for people who are trying to gain weight and muscle mass.
In addition to its muscle-building effects, Anadrol is also believed to have fat-burning properties and to enhance immune function. It has been reported to increase joint lubrication, which may be beneficial for people with joint problems or for athletes who engage in high-impact activities.
Despite its potential benefits, Anadrol is not without risks and side effects. It is known to have a high androgenic activity, which can lead to the development of male secondary sexual characteristics in women and to acne, hair loss, and prostate enlargement in men. It can also cause liver damage and increase blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar levels. It is important to use Anadrol responsibly and to follow recommended dosages and treatment periods to minimize the risk of adverse effects
- Anabolic rating: 320 (very high)
- Androgenic rating: 45 (moderate)
- Aromatisation: low
- Progestogenic activity: low
- Toxicity: high
- Half-life: 8-9 hours
- Increases muscle mass and strength
- Increases metabolism and fat loss
- Increases appetite
- Increases red blood cell production
- Increases collagen synthesis
- Hair loss
- Oily skin
- Testicular atrophy
- Decreased libido
- Water retention
- High blood pressure
- Cholesterol changes
- Liver damage
Recommended working doses
- Recommended dosage: 25-50 mg per day
- Duration: 4 weeks
- It is not recommended for amateur use, as there are safer tablet steroids available
- Recommended dosage: 100-150 mg per day
- Duration: 6 weeks maximum
- Dosages above 150 mg per week may negatively affect the liver and decrease the effectiveness of the drug, so it is important to limit the dosage to 150 mg per day.